Once known as Overton Alley, local businessman Daniel C. Buntin created the Nashville’s first enclosed shopping area now known as The Arcade. Buntin persuaded owners of buildings along the alley that an arcade would be a lucrative development. They commissioned the local firm of Thompson, Gibel, and Asmus to design the two-story arcade who modeled it from the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele in Milan, Italy. Identical Palladian facades mark the entrances to the Arcade, at Fourth and Fifth Avenues. Shops and restaurants line both sides of the first level while shops and offices occupy the second floor mezzanine, now includes many Art Galleries. The Arcade caused so much excitement that more than 40,000 people attended the grand opening in 1903. At the time, the population of Davidson County was approximately 125,000.
Debut November 5th 2016 Art Crawl in the Arcade downtown Nashville "O" Gallery Second Floor.